Alzheimer’s Services at Humboldt Senior Resource Center provides education, information, and services for individuals and families coping with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia-related conditions.
The following services are provided at low or no charge:
- One-on-one consultations via telephone or in our office
- A large resource library in Eureka that includes books, videos, and DVDs that are also available on loan
- Free educational materials and internet search access
- Training for professionals about any aspect of Alzheimer’s and other dementias, offered either at our location or yours
- Educational events for caregivers and the general public, including caregiver trainings (nominal fees may be charged)
- With our partner organization, Redwood Caregiver Resource Center, we offer support groups in many different locations; please see the flyer for schedules and locations
The Alzheimer’s Resource Center is also part of the Humboldt Dementia Care Coalition, a group of professionals and community members who are working to create a more dementia-competent community.
For More Information
Call us at 707-443-9747 ext. 3203 to speak with our staff. They can help answer your questions. Our Alzheimer’s Resource Library is located in the Adult Day Health and Redwood Coast PACE Center at 1901 California Street, Building B, in Eureka.
How to Refer
We welcome referrals from both area professionals as well as family members and friends. To make a referral, call us at 707-443-9747 ext. 3203 to speak with our staff.