In-person dining has resumed with the grand opening of our new Heritage Cafés.
HSRC’s three Heritage Cafés — formerly known as the Senior Dining Centers — have reopened for in-person dining at all our sites. Weekly packages of “Grab n’ go” meals are also available at each location. We have reopened on a part-time schedule, as follows:
- Arcata Heritage Café — in the Arcata Community Center at 321 Martin Luther King Parkway, phone 707-825-2027 for reservations. Café open Tuesday-Friday from 11:30 am to 1 pm. Grab n’ go meal pick-up on Tuesdays.
- Eureka Heritage Café — at the Humboldt Senior Resource Center, 1910 California Street; phone 707-443-9747 ext 1242 for reservations. Café open Monday-Thursday from 11:30 am to 1 pm. Grab n’ go meal pick-up on Thursdays.
- Fortuna Heritage Café — at the Gene Lucas Community Center, 3000 Newburg Road; phone 707-725-6245 for reservations. Café open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12 noon to 12:30 pm. Grab n’ go meal pick-up on Fridays.
Reservations are required, preferably 7 days in advance. Call the Heritage Café of your choice to make your reservations or for questions about the week’s menus. Grab n’ go packages include a variety of five meals.
- The June 2022 Heritage Café menu and Activities schedule can be found here.
- The July 2022 Heritage Café menu can be found here.
Safety is still of utmost importance. Visitors to all HSRC sites must wear a mask while on the premises. Diners at Heritage Cafés will be screened before entry and will be asked to wear masks except while eating.
All dining sites are handicap-accessible and can be reached on city bus and Dial-A-Ride routes.
For diners age 60 and older, the suggested contribution is $3.50 per meal; however, no diner 60 or older will be turned away if unable or unwilling to contribute. Diners younger than 60 are welcome; their fee is $8.00 per lunch.
Please note that this information could change at any time without notice.