Lessons in Dementia is a free, virtual educational series from HSRC’s Adult Day Health & Alzheimer’s Services. Check this page often for updates regarding upcoming presentations. For more information, call 707-443-9747 x2217, or email email@example.com.
Please join us on Monday, October 16 from 2-3 pm when Dr. Ann Lindsay will present “Clarifying Goals of Care for Someone with Dementia.” Dr. Lindsay is president of Life Plan Humboldt.
In this workshop, Dr. Lindsay will discuss why a dementia diagnosis should be considered the primary condition under which healthcare providers address all other conditions.
Register here, or contact us at 707-443-9747 ext. 2217 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct links to specific videos and materials from past Lessons in Dementia presentations can also be found below.
- Dementia and Research, presented by Dr. Jennifer Heidmann, Medical Director and PCP at Redwood Coast PACE.
- Lessons from the Front: A Caregiver’s Survival Guide, presented by Lynnette Chen, a lawyer with Open Door Community Health Centers.
- Hoarding in Relation to Dementia presented by Maggie Kraft, Executive Director of the Area 1 Agency on Aging
- The Power of Reminiscence presented by Dr. Samantha Day, Director of Social Services at Humboldt Senior Resource Center
- Grief and Loss: Companions to Aging presented by Dr. Michael Fratkin, founder of Resolution Care
- Managing Dementia-Related Behaviors presented by Kaitlyn Green from HSRC’s Alzheimer’s Services
- Alzheimer’s Medication Trials presented by Dr. Celeste Sayles-Croy from the Open Door Eureka Community Health and Wellness Center
- Assistive Technologies presented by Juliannah Harris, MSAT, of Tri-County Independent Living
- Parkinson’s Plus Syndromes presented by Andrew Levine, PhD, ABPP from North Coast Neuropsychiatry
- Activity Programming presented by David Van Reusen, Assistant Director of Redwood Coast PACE