Please note that some Senior Nutrition schedules and services will change starting in June.
Effective Monday, June 5, Heritage Café in Eureka will be open Monday-Thursday each week. There will no longer be drive-through meal pick-up service in Eureka. Instead, there will be a new weekly “Social Hour” on Fridays from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. when meals can be picked up inside the Eureka Heritage Café.
Similarly, starting on Friday, June 2, drive-through meal pick-up in Fortuna will no longer be available. Diners will need to come into the Fortuna Heritage Café on Fridays between noon and 12:30 pm to pick up meals.
We are also pleased to announce a new drive through grab n’ go meal site in Rio Dell. Starting Friday, June 2, meals can be picked up weekly between 11:30 am and 12:15 pm at the Volunteer Fire Hall located at 50 Center Street.
In summary, the new Senior Nutrition schedule is as follows:
- Arcata (707-825-2027): Heritage Café open Wednesday-Friday, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Eureka (707-443-9747): As of Monday, June 5 Heritage Café open Monday-Thursday; as of Friday, June 2, weekly meal pick-ups on Fridays from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. inside Heritage Café.
- Fortuna (707-725-6245): Heritage Café open Tuesdays and Thursdays, noon to 12:30 p.m.; as of Friday, June 2, weekly meal pick-ups on Fridays from noon to 12:30 p.m. inside Heritage Café.
- McKinleyville (707-496-7036): Weekly drive-through meal pickup at the McKinleyville Senior Center on Tuesdays from 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Rio Dell (707-496-7036): Starting Friday, June 2, weekly drive-through meal pickup at the Volunteer Fire Hall on Fridays from 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
Reservations are required, preferably at least 7 days in advance, for both in-person dining and pick-up meals. Menus – as well as Activities schedules – can be found at www.humsenior.org or onsite at each Heritage Café.
For more information about any program, contact HSRC at 707-443-9747.