There’s no place like home, and MSSP can help you stay there.
The Multipurpose Senior Services Program — more commonly called MSSP — is a statewide, community-based care management program offered through the Humboldt Senior Resource Center. To see our program brochure, click here.
MSSP helps eligible frail elderly adults live at home by delaying or preventing placement in a skilled nursing facility. There is no cost for this service, which is paid by the federal government and the State of California.
MSSP provides an experienced Care Manager to meet with you and your family to assess your needs, and who provides long- term help with arranging the services you require. Your Care Manager will contact you monthly and will offer continuous support.
Who Qualifies for MSSP?
To be eligible for MSSP, someone must:
- be age 65 or older
- be a Medi-Cal recipient
- be at risk of placement in a skilled nursing facility
- live in the MSSP service area: Scotia to Trinidad, Ferndale to Blue Lake
- be willing to work with a Care manager on mutually agreed-upon goals
What Services Does MSSP Offer?
We can help link qualified clients with services such as:
- emergency response systems
- Home Delivered Meals
- non-medical home equipment
- In-Home Support Services (IHSS)
- legal services
- mental health care
- minor home safety repairs and enhancements
- money management
- respite care
How to Enroll
To speak to an MSSP staff member regarding eligibility or questions, or to make a referral, call us at 707-443-9747 ext. 1259.