Humboldt Senior Resource Center (HSRC) program updates for the week of December 4 are as follows:
- Administrative services and main phone line: The main administration building at 1910 California Street is open regular hours — 9 am to 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Activities Program: See the Calendar for current activities schedules. Contact the Senior Services Office at 707-443-9747, ext. 1240 for more info, or watch our website and Facebook page for updates. Please call us if you need information about Dial-a-Ride tickets.
- Adult Day Health & Alzheimer’s Services: Open in Eureka and Fortuna. New referrals are welcome.
- Behavioral Health Services is now accepting referrals.
- Housing & Community Resources Assistance is available to help with general questions and for those at risk of losing shelter and info regarding housing options. Ask for ext. 1254.
- MSSP (Multipurpose Senior Services Program): The MSSP service area has been expanded to include all areas in Humboldt County. New referrals are accepted.
- Redwood Coast PACE is open in Eureka and Fortuna. New referrals are accepted.
- Redwood Coast Village: We welcome Redwood Coast Village to the HSRC family of programs. Members — and those wishing to become a member — can call 707-798-6311 for assistance, or click on the Redwood Coast Village program link at humsenior.org. New volunteers are also welcome.
- Senior News: Publishing monthly; staff are available by phone. The December 2023 issue can be found at community distribution sites as noted here. You’ll also find the December issue online here. If you want Senior News delivered directly to your home, please consider a 1-year subscription for $36. Call 707-443-9747 for more info or to subscribe.
- Nutrition Programs: See below for each Heritage Café site’s schedule. Reservations are required for both in-person dining and pick-up meals, preferably 7 days in advance. The annual Holiday Celebration Lunch will be served on December 14; if planning to attend, please be sure to RSVP no later than Thursday, December 7. For those 60 and older, the suggested contribution is $3.50 per meal, but no one will be denied a meal if unable to contribute. Menus can be found here.
- Arcata (707-825-2027): Tuesday-Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.; grab-n’-go meal pick-up now available in McKinleyville or Eureka.
- Eureka (707-443-9747): Monday-Thursday from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm; meal pick-up on Friday from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm inside Heritage Café. Drive-through meal pick-up is no longer available.
- Fortuna (707-725-6245): Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12 noon to 12:30 p.m.; meal pick-up on Friday from noon to 12:30 pm inside Heritage Café. Drive-through meal pick-up is no longer available.
- McKinleyville (707-496-7036): Grab-n’-go meal pick-up is weekly on Tuesdays from 11:30 am to noon at the McKinleyville Senior Center on Pickett Road.
- Rio Dell (707-496-7036): Grab-n’-go meal pick-up on Fridays from 11:30 am to 12:15 pm at the Volunteer Fire Hall at 50 Center Street.
- Trinidad (707-496-7036): Drive-through meal pickup at the Cher-Ae Heights parking lot on Thursdays from 11:30 a.m.- noon.
For those receiving deliveries from Meals on Wheels Redwood Coast, the schedule also will match the Heritage Café hours in your community; McKinleyville deliveries will follow the Arcata schedule.
HSRC also has a variety of clinical and operations job openings in numerous programs including Administration, Nutrition, Redwood Coast PACE, and Transportation. Click here for details.
For questions regarding any program, call HSRC at 707-443-9747 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .