All HSRC programs and services are open and operating as follows:
- Administrative services and main phone line: Open as usual. Please call 707-443-9747 before coming to our Eureka campus or Fortuna Center and we will assist you remotely if possible. Our doors are locked, but staff are available for those who need on-site assistance. Please note that HSRC will be closed on Monday, January 17 for the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday.
- Activities Program: The Senior Firewood Program is discontinued. Senior Home Repair is open for Eureka residents. Call us if you need information about Dial-a-Ride tickets. Contact the Senior Services Office at 707-443-9747, ext. 1240. All other activities are temporarily suspended at this time.
- Adult Day Health & Alzheimer’s Services: Open in Eureka and Fortuna. New referrals are welcome.
- MSSP (Multipurpose Senior Services Program): MSSP services continue, but contact with clients is primarily via phone. Staff are available during normally scheduled hours. New referrals are being accepted.
- Redwood Coast PACE: Open in Eureka and Fortuna. New referrals are being accepted.
- Senior News: Publishing monthly; staff are available by phone. The January 2022 issue can be found at open distribution sites. Please note that some of our regular distribution sites are closed. You’ll find the January issue in pdf format on our website here. If you want Senior News delivered directly to your home, please consider a 1-year subscription for $25.
- Nutrition Program: Please note the following status of HSRC Nutrition services:
- Home Delivered Meals (HDM) service continues. Delivery days have been adjusted. New referrals are welcome.
- All three Senior Dining Centers continue to provide take-out meals available via drive-by pick-up only. Meals are available by reservation only for those age 60 and older along with their spouse. Reservations must be made no later than 7 days prior to pick-up day. Call the Senior Dining Center of your choice below to make your reservations or for questions about the week’s menus. Each take-out package will include a variety of five meals.
- Arcata – at the Arcata Community Center, 321 Martin Luther King Pkwy – Pick-up on Wednesdays from 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Drive to the main building entrance on the north side of the building for pick-up; an Arcata city staff person will direct traffic and guide people to the appropriate line and process. On-site directions will also be provided for those on foot. For reservations call 707-825-2027.
- Eureka – 1910 California St. – Pick-up on Tuesdays from 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Enter the parking lot via the California Street driveway; staff will direct you where to go. For reservations call 707-442-1181.
- Fortuna – At the Gene Lucas Community Center, 3000 Newburg Rd – Pick up on Thursdays from 12 Noon – 12:30 p.m. Pull up in front of the Fortuna Senior Center wing; staff will bring the meals to you. For reservations call 707-725-6245.
Please note that this information could change at any time without notice.
For questions regarding any program, call HSRC at 707-443-9747. We thank the members of our community for your flexibility as we continue to offer some modified services and programming.