Senior News serves the largest growing demographic in Humboldt County. According to the latest counts, seniors (65 and over) comprise 17.9 percent of the population in Humboldt. Senior News has been published by the Humboldt Senior Resource Center since 1981. This nonprofit publication is funded by local businesses and nonprofits through advertising dollars.
Monthly circulation: 11,000 copies
- 6,600 copies included in the Sunday Times-Standard newspaper — last Sunday of each month.
- 1,500 copies included in the Mad River Union to subscribers — last Wednesday of each month.
- 2,900 copies distributed by volunteers to stores, restaurants and meeting places from Crescent City to Garberville the last week of each month.
- See here for current locations where Senior News is distributed.
- Senior News Editor: Ted Pease, email@example.com, phone 707-443-9747, ext. 1226
- Senior News Advertising: Liz Whitley, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 707-443-9747, ext. 1227