The Alzheimer’s Resource Center provides education, information and services regarding Alzheimer's Disease and related dementias throughout Humboldt and Del Norte counties.
The Alzheimer's Resource Center is home to the
Dementia Care Coalition, a group of professionals and community members who are working to create a more dementia competent community.
The following services are provided at low or no charge:
- Support Groups in many different locations
- One on one consultations via telephone or in our office
- Large resource library in Eureka – books, videos, DVDs on loan
- Smaller library annexes in Crescent City and Fortuna
- Free educational materials and internet searches
- Training to professionals about any aspect of Alzheimer’s and other dementias, offered either at our location or yours
- Educational events for caregivers and the general public (nominal fees may be charged)
- Friends Cafe - a group for those facing early memory loss
- Click here for more Alzheimer's Resources