HSRC programs and services are operating as follows:
- Administrative services and main phone line: Open as usual, however, please call before coming to our Eureka campus and we will assist you remotely if possible. In an abundance of caution, we have locked the doors of our buildings. Staff are available to answer the doors for those who need on-site assistance.
- Activities Program: Senior Firewood vouchers are sold out; the program has been discontinued, and no other voucher sales will be held. Senior Home Repair is now open for Eureka residents. Call us if you need information about Dial-a-Ride tickets. Contact the Senior Services Office at 707-443-9747, ext. 1240. All other activities are temporarily suspended until further notice.
- Adult Day Health & Alzheimer’s Services: Modified services are now offered. Staff can be contacted by phone if needed. New referrals are being accepted.
- MSSP (Multipurpose Senior Services Program): MSSP services continue, but contact with clients is primarily via phone. Staff are available during normally scheduled hours. New referrals are being accepted.
- Redwood Coast PACE: The program is open, but the Day Center is providing limited services to support physical distancing. Staff are available by phone. New referrals are being accepted.
- Senior News: Open as usual. The October issue can be found at open distribution sites, as well as in the September 27th issue of the Times-Standard and the September 30th issue of the Mad River Union. Please note that some of our regular distribution sites are closed. You’ll find the issue in pdf format on our website here . If you want Senior News delivered directly to your home, please consider a 1-year subscription for $20.
- Nutrition Program: Please note the following status of HSRC Nutrition services:
- Home Delivered Meals (HDM) service continues. Delivery days have been adjusted.
- All three Senior Dining Centers continue to provide take-out meals available via drive-by pick-up only. Meals are available by reservation only for those age 60 and older along with their spouse. Reservations must be made no later than 7 days prior to pick-up day. Call the Senior Dining Center of your choice below to make your reservations or for questions about the week’s menus. Each take-out package will include a variety of five meals. Pick-up schedules are as follows:
- Arcata – at the Arcata Community Center, 321 Martin Luther King Pkwy – Pick-up on Wednesdays from 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Drive to the main building entrance on the north side of the building for pick-up; an Arcata city staff person will direct traffic and guide people to the appropriate line and process. On-site directions will also be provided for those on foot. For reservations call 707-825-2027.
- Eureka – 1910 California St. – Pick-up on Tuesdays from 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Drive into the parking lot and park in a space near the back door; staff will bring the meals to you. For reservations call 707-442-1181.
- Fortuna – At the Gene Lucas Community Center, 3000 Newburg Rd – Pick-up on Thursdays from 12 Noon – 12:30 p.m. Pull up in front of the Fortuna Senior Center wing; staff will bring the meals to you. For reservations call 707-725-6245.
Please note that this information could change at any time without notice.
For questions regarding any program, call HSRC at 707-443-9747. We thank the members of our community for your understanding and cooperation with our modified services and programming during this time.